Fort Rucker is another site that has a long history with STAR4D. The Army facility first sent painters for training back in February 2006. Once the final decision was made for Fort Rucker to become a STAR4D satellite site, the process moved very quickly. Instructors were certified, the facility was set up, equipment was sent and then in May 2012 the first aerospace certification course was held.
(From left to right) Fort Rucker's classroom and VirtualPaint training area, ribbon cutting ceremony, instructing using the VirtualPaint
- Tom Elsbernd (awarded Instructor of the Year 2013)
- Keith Gerebics (awarded Instructor of the Year 2013)
Articles and information regarding the STAR4D program at Fort Rucker
- STAR4D Names 2013 Instructors of the Year (March 2013)
- ACLC earns AMC award (December 2013)
- ACLC earns air conservationist award (August 2013)
- New facility offers state-of-the-art paint training (August 2012)
- The Newest STAR4D Satellite Site (April 2012)
To learn more about Fort Rucker, visit its website here.